1.08.2011

sky ferreira wanted to genre-bend the world

Even if her album was pushed back by her record label, someone leaked a bunch of Sky Ferreira tracks that were suppoused to be on it. And after I heard them, I'm actually really fucking sad that its not going to be released. I read in a variety of interviews that she wanted to have an album with every song being a different genre. I was hesitant at first but now that I've actually heard the leaks, I see what she means. Her songs all over place, but in a good way. Somehow, Sky's voice sounds flawless in the 60's-garage sounding "First Base", the robotic "One" and in the electric "The Woods". And theres no way I could forget "Lolita". The track sounds unfinished, I agree. But that beat is too fucking addicting. And you can listen to "Lolita" below.

0 comments: